One of our new favorites happens to be her Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. I had a couple requests for the recipe after mentioning them here. Little Guy is requesting these for the hub's birthday tomorrow. He was thoroughly disappointed when we told him we would be having pie instead (since his daddy is a pie lover).
My mom created these beauties from adapting recipes here and here. Pure genius. Pure heaven. Enjoy!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 (6 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cartons sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 recipe Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate from can and discard or reserve for other use.
- Combine remaining concentrate, cake mix, sour cream, cream cheese and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Strawberry Cream Cheese FrostingIngredients:
- 1/4 C butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 C strawberries, mashed up in a food processor
- 3 to 4 C powdered sugar
- Cream butter, vanilla and cream cheese.
- Mix in the strawberries.
- Add the powdered sugar to the taste and consistency you prefer.